- Training counsellors at Farnborough College up to diploma level
- Teaching psychology to Public Services students at Bracknell and Wokingham College
- Teaching sociology at Bracknell and Wokingham College
- Teaching child psychology to trainee nursery nurses at Farnborough College
- Running various counselling workshops at Farnborough College
- Teaching emotional literacy to pre-school age children at a local primary school (see below)
I wrote and delivered a 10-week emotional literacy programme, consisting of such concepts as self-care, caring for others, kindness, respect, sharing and tolerance.
I worked with reception aged children in 45-minute sessions using various techniques to keep these very young children interested, including direct teaching, working in pairs, drawing and colouring, listening to relevant stories and singing.
The course was set against four learning criteria to measure the effectiveness. Each tested at the beginning, halfway through and at the end. The results were very encouraging, each time demonstrating clear progress in various areas of social and emotional development.
I have written, led and continue to lead workshops for professional counsellors and therapists.
My next workshop, ‘Introduction to Working with Children and Young People,’ is on Sunday 13th March 2016, held in Camberley, Surrey. This workshop covers:
- Background Theory
- Counselling children and young people
- Use of media – toys, arts, games etc.
I welcome counsellors and trainee counsellors at any level in their professional development to this course and look forward to meeting you.
To book contact firstname.lastname@example.org